Well here we go, me being lazy again – the boys over at Global Aviation Resource have written a fabulous piece all about me and the project, go have a read!
Karlene Petitt is a well known inspirational aviation blogger over in the States, and I’m incredibly proud to share this link to a feature she has written on me as one of her ‘Friday Fabulous Flyers’ over on her blog, “Flight to Success“.
“We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly.”
Type rated on A330, B747-400, B747, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration.
The local press have been very interested in my activities of late, and today they published a short piece on me as a local woman of inspiration – click on the image to have a read of it!
The Known sequences for the 2012 competition season are now up on the BAeA website, here.
I’m looking forward to flying the Standard Known. It looks something like this:
Check out the videos tab, we have another piece of in-flight goodness to share, this time a simple solo training flight where I made my way around this past year’s Standard Known competition sequence.
I’ll be writing a couple of blog posts to go along with this video shortly, one talking specifically about Aresti notation and what the many of the symbols mean, and another on some more of the basic flight elements – should be interesting stuff anyway.
The dates for the 2012 competition season are now up over on the British Aerobatic Association (BAeA) website.
The ones that are of main interest (so the ones I’ll be hoping to head to) are as follows:
- January 21st: BAeA AGM
- March 17th: Judging School
- April 14th and 15th: John McLean Trophy, Breighton
- May 12th and 13th: Golding-Barrett Trophy, Sleap
- June 29th to July 1st: Fenland and McAully Trophies, Fenland
- July 19th to 21st: Mazda Standard & Intermediate Nationals, Conington
- September 1st and 2nd: Gunpowder Trophy, Leicester
- September 15th: Tiger Trophy, Sherbern-in-Elmet
The dates I’ve listed are for all the competitions featuring entries at Standard level, there are a number of other fixtures in addition to these that do not feature the Standard class (some of which I may well head to in order to help out on the judging line).
Roll on 2012!
News and blog updates
- Living the dream and becoming an airshow pilot
- Support from the Air League: the day I met HRH the Duke of Edinburgh
- Another step forward – my first air display
- A fresh season
- News: Feature at Global Aviation Resource
- Testing the Smoke
- Modifying a Pitts in the UK: smoke systems!
- 2012 Year Review
- Competition vs Display aerobatics
- End of the 2012 Competition Season
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (9)
- November 2011 (5)